Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy One Month Home, Big Birthday Bash and SNOW!

Macy has been home one whole month!!! And on her "One Month Home Anniversary" (well, I gotta call it somethin') she woke up to SNOW for the first time ever! (I can say this pretty matter-of-factly, as I doubt she ever saw snow in southern Ethiopia.) She enjoyed standing at the window in her jammies and watching it. Of course we didn't get any accumulation, but I have a snowsuit and sled waiting for her when we do! The other big news for the weekend is that it was PARTY TIME!!!! Houston turned TWO last Thursday, Macy turns THREE on Wednesday, and Hannah turns FOUR on this coming Saturday! Whew! So we threw one great big party for all three of them last night. And let me tell ya, the gift opening was rather overwhelming. Imagine your house on Christmas morning, and then multiply that times about 20. It was C-R-A-Z-Y! The kids got a TON of new toys. It's nuts. Macy rather enjoyed her first birthday party, and even blew out the candles on her cake just perfectly. (If I can figure out how to upload video to the blog, I will.) She enjoyed opening her gifts and playing with all of her new loot. Folks you would be SHOCKED to see this girl! You would never know she's only been home ONE MONTH! She fits right in with all the kiddos, and can even hold her own when push comes to shove. (Oh, and she will totally tell you off in her native language. I have no clue what she's saying when she's wagging that finger, but I am pretty sure it isn't nice.)
Three yummy cakes!
Blowing out her candles.
The Birthday Girl and her cake!


Opening gifts.


Yes. I do in fact have my hands full.
Happy One Month Home Macy! And a BIG Happy Birthday to Hootie, Macy and Hannah Lee! Wowzers - you guys are fun! We love you TONS!


































3 comments:

  1. I love it, love it, love it and those 2, 3, 4 & 5 shirts are PERFECT!!!!! THAT should be your Christmas card! ha ha ha! Everyone would put you on their prayer list! ha! Love you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me smile SO big! Love the "2, 3, 4, 5" shirts, fabulous! And the cakes are so creative. how fun!

    ReplyDelete