Sunday, November 21, 2010

Our Sleeping Beauty


So I know I haven't really posted much about our trip. All of our recent posts have been about how Miss Macy is doing now that she's home. So I am going to post pictures of our trip a little at a time, and a blurb regarding the pic. The above picture is of Macy taking her nap at the hotel on our "Gotcha Day". Notice she's wearing her hairbow and shoes, and gripping her toy for dear life. Well, that's because she would throw a TOTAL FIT if you dared to remove her bow, or come anywhere near her shoes! I'm talking hysterical, on the ground, screaming tantrum. We realized it's because she probably had never had any of those "accessories", and wasn't about to let go of them without a fight! I decided it wasn't a battle worth fighting that first week, so she slept in bows and shoes for about 4 days before she'd let us coax her out of them. Now that we are home, it's absolutely no big deal to change clothes or remove hairbows and shoes. But the girl LOVVVVVES to feel pretty. Even when we were in Ethiopia she would stand in front of the big, floor length mirror and strike some awesome poses. She loves wearing her big hairbows and headbands - in fact, if she doesn't have one on she'll go fetch one out of her room. And her favorite part of our house is the shoe basket next to the door where we all dump our shoes. She will sit at that basket and try on every stinkin' pair. It's the funniest thing! Jason calls her a total diva. I say the girl just likes to accessorize!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so cute! Makes me want a baby girl. My baby girl is now eight. I wonder how Holden would feel about hair bows? I think my nine year olds would die for those hairbows. Where did you find them?

    We're no longer in your place now with four little ones, but we have been in the past. I will pray for you! Our now 22, 20 and 19 year olds were barely 36 months apart, *and* we had a 5 and 7 year old when #5 was born. When we adopted our twins, I got pregnant in the process, and our baby girl was born just 6 weeks after we brought the girls home from Guatemala. There was not quite 15 months between them ... so three kids in 15 months ... but actually 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete