Friday, November 19, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...





Yep - The Humphrey Family Christmas Tree went up tonight. I figured, heck - if everyone else is putting their stuff up, then dog-gone-it, so are we! And OF COURSE I had to put the kiddos in their coordinating pjs for them to "help" "decorate" the tree. I am using both of those words rather loosely, as it took me longer to undecorate and redecorate the tree after they were done. And if Houston takes the ribbon off one more time, ohhhh...gosh...I don't know what I will do. But I'll tell you one thing, it's not gonna be good, folks. Anyway, Macy thought it was a bit funny that we had a tree INSIDE THE HOUSE. But she got into the decorating right away. Now, as far as the Santa pillows and stuffed snowmen around the house, well - she could totally do without them. This evening when she thought nobody was looking, I saw her beating the crud out of one of the snowman all while yelling, "NO NO NO!" to poor ole Frosty. Not quite sure what her dislike of any kind of stuffed animal/snowman/Santa/My Little Pony is, but it's not a great relationship so far.
As for our girl that's been HOME for two weeks tonight - well, she's just P-E-R-F-E-C-T. I mean God knew EXACTLY what kind of kid we needed around this house, and He picked her just for us! She is the funniest, quirkiest, sweetest thing there ever was. She is adjusting just AWESOME, and we feel like she's been around The Humphrey House forever. She fits in just perfectly. (The joke right now is that she's currently the best-behaved kid in the house. The other three kids have a baaaaaad case of the Christmas Crazies. Luckily, she has no clue what's about to hit next month with the Birthday and Christmas Chaos headed her way!) Her language is developing SOOO fast - we just can't believe it. The other day she and I were in (my-all-time-favorite-store) Target, and she was sitting in the cart playing and hid something in a bag. So she looks at me and says, "Mommy, where'd it go? GONE!". I bust out laughing! Because not only did this little girl that had only been in the country for 11 days have the thought process to hide something and want to tease me - she actually verbalized it in English! Her current favorite words are "No No Hootie", "NOOOOOO Hootie!", and "Mommy, Hootie NO NO!". Okay, she does say more than that, those are just the ones I hear the most. She also says "More", "Thank you", "Night Night", "I love you", "Book", "Ball", "Go", "Come", "Baby", "Bye bye see you later!" and all kinds of other stuff. And she understands SOOOO much! We are totally amazed!
Just wanted to share some Precious Cuteness to start off your weekend! We are headed to see Santa tomorrow, so we will see how that goes!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Carter and Maraya hated any stuffed animal too - the out grew that though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, that picture with all four smiling in front of the tree is just precious. That should be a Christmas Card! It is so so so wonderful to see Macy's smiles, and just by looking at her pics how her heart has transformed since coming home with her family. It just really looks like she knows that she doesn't ever have to be sad again. What a wonderful Christmas you all will have this year. <3

    ReplyDelete