Friday, September 3, 2010

Winners and OUCHHHHHH!

Well I had three people bid on the three items in our super-silent auction, and each person "won" their auction! Thanks to the people and businesses that donated and especially to the people who bid! I've had someone else donate a Pampered Chef gift certificate. So you ladies be lookin' for that email sometime next week!

Now, to the OUCHHHHH part! So who would've every thunk (makin' my english teacher proud) that SHOTS would cost AND hurt so much!!! Honestly, I think the COST hurt me more than the actual needles did! Just for MY vaccines - NOT including anything for Jason or the ump-teen prescriptions/medicines we have to take with us - just MY shots cost us $1,015!!!! SERIOUSLY! Can you stinkin' believe that? And that was with us getting them at the cheapest places possible, including the local health department. (I had to go THREE different places to get all of them.) I am floored - I had no idea shots were so expensive. The goods news is that I'll be immune from everything for the rest of my natural life. The bad news is that it COST OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS! Sigh...

Oh, and yes the shots hurt. And I mean REALLY hurt. So for those of you adoptive parents out there - just get ready. My best friend told me to think of it as my "epidural". I love that idea. Except for when I got my epidurals I was getting RID of pain, not enduring more. But every single stick got me closer to our girl...so I took it.

Please note that I opted out of the Rabies shot. I promised the doctor I would not pet any stray dogs or feed any monkeys. (Yes, there will be wild monkeys hanging out near Macy's orphanage.) So if you have Rabies, please stay away from me. That's the only thing I am not immune to. ;)

Have a great lonnnngggg weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. We saw a wild baboon. It was just a few feet away from us and hung out a while showing off.

    ReplyDelete