Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Macy's Dedication

I remember last Mother's Day typing a post about how I felt incomplete without my daughter home with us. (Read that one HERE.) We were waiting for our referral and I was DYING to get that magic phone call.
Well, this year....my heart was complete! I had four little ones wishing me "Happy Mudders Day, Momma". I didn't get the whole "breakfast in bed sha-bang" that a bunch of other Momma's got, as since I work for our church I was there preparing for our services at 6am, long before my babes ever woke up. But celebrating later in the day was just as fun. And this year our church's Baby Dedication fell on Mother's Day - so we were finally able to dedicate Macy.
We have dedicated each of our kiddos at our church. And since Hannah was born, we've always taken the siblings up on stage as well. We felt like it was a family affair to present our child to the church, and it's always gone smoothly. Well, Saturday night I realized, "Wow, we are totally going to be hauling FOUR kids ages five and under onto that stage. THIS should be interesting."


So yes, it felt like we took up half the stage. And I"m pretty sure we were the only ones with four kids up there. But other than Hootie announcing "I'M GRUMPY!" at the top of his lungs just before we went on stage, they all actually did pretty well.
(And let me just give a Shout-Out to my amazing hubs. Since I have to be at church so early, HE is the one who gets them dressed for church each Sunday. Granted, I have everything laid out for him, and I do the girls' hair once they get to church, but doesn't he do a GREAT job?!?! Pretty impressive, huh? I think that should be a Love Language: "Husband Can Care For Children". Sorry ladies, he's taken.)

Our little princess received a pink Bible, which she's rather proud of.



Wow. Five out of Six of us are looking at the camera. Now that one's Blog Worthy.



Here's one last pic. Remember Jadon who came home just a few weeks after Macy came home? (Read about that HERE.) Well, he was dedicated on Sunday as well, and we just had to snap a pic. You know, to show at their wedding and all. (Doesn't Jadon seem thrilled to be holding Macy's hand?)


Hope all you Momma's out there had a great Mudder's Day!!!










1 comment:

  1. Fun to be up there dedicating our babies together.

    Happy (belated) Mother's Day

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete