Friday, June 25, 2010

Donation Drive!!!

As I wait (impatiently) wait for our referral call, I have decided to go ahead and start our DONATION DRIVE of items we will be taking to donate to Macy's orphanage and the WACAP Transition House. Both homes rely greatly on these donated items to provide for the children in their care. Since we are now traveling twice (once for court, once for pick-up) we will be able to take items both times we travel. We are also going to need monetary donations to pay for the "overweight" luggage we will have traveling with for all these supplies. Donations can also be made for US to do the shopping for the items that nobody donates. If you could purchase ANY of the items below, I know they would make some precious orphans and their caregivers very VERY happy!
I made a fancy-smancy chart with the items and prices, but of course I can't figure out how to cut and paste that onto my blog! I'll keep trying! But just to let you know, I found all of these items at our local Walmart. Most of the items are under $5. Can't you spare $5 to help "the least of these"? The items that you donate may very well be helping OUR MACY until we can come pick her up!
I am going to have a tub on my front porch if anyone wants to drop off donated items. (Message me if you need the address.) Or you can drop them off at Jason's office or I'll even come pick them up from you!
Here are the items we would like to take with us to Ethiopia!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Infant formula
Water protein mix (Like "Special K")
Protein bars
Liquid Pedialyte drink
Powder instant milk
Older infant formula
Cans of tuna
Baby rice cereal
Granola bars
Infant pain reliever
Child pain reliever
Crayons, paper, markers
Toothbrushes
Diapers (both disposable & cloth; all sizes)
Underwear (both genders;all sizes)
Puzzles, beach balls, chalk, jump ropes
Children's tights
Crib sheets
Lice medication
Bandaids
Diaper rash ointment
Soap
Vitamins (liquid for infants;chewable for children)
Flip Flops, croc style shoes, tennis shoes (all sizes)

No comments:

Post a Comment