Tuesday, May 18, 2010


Aidan drew this picture today of our family. He said he wanted to make Macy a picture to let her know that she's part of a family. Isn't that the sweetest? Now granted, Macy is the only one that is "skin tone appropriate". The rest of us are a nice shade of aqua blue. But what can I say? He's kinda different like that.

Macy Update: I got an email from our case worker today saying that there hadn't been much movement on "the list". Two weeks ago they got 13 referrals in one week. Last week, none. So it's just really unpredictable how quickly we are going to make it to the top of that illusive list. HOWEVER, she did inform me that we are the ONLY family open to a child over 24 months. So if a sweet two-and-a-half year old comes into their care, she's ours! Pretty cool stuff, huh? Although there is still a chance we could receive a referral and make it to court before the courts close down for August/September, there's a bigger chance that we will get our match over the summer and then travel to court as soon as they reopen in October.

Tutoring for some extra ca$h: This summer I am going to start back with tutoring. I did this several years ago, and made some nice extra $$$, and I am hoping it's successful again. PLEASE share the info with your friends! I am a licensed/certified elementary school teacher. I will tutor kindergarten prep through elementary grades. I am charging $20 per 1 hour session, which is a lot cheaper than the "going rate". If your child needs some extra help in math, reading or language arts before school starts back in the fall, give me a call! Contact me on my cell phone 308-8793 or via email amanda_humphrey@comcast.net. Thanks for spreading the word!

I am still scheduling photo shoots!: For a flat $80 donation to our adoption account, you get a photo session with unlimited amount of people, one to two hundred edited images, and a cd with all the images and the copyright privileges! This is a STEAL if you have looked at having this done by other photographers! I have some great locations we can meet up at or we can meet at a location of your choice! I do families, children, high school seniors, special events, bridal portraits - whatever you need! Contact me today to book your sitting!

Car for sale!: Jason has decided to sell his prized Cadillac and "downgrade" to a different, cheaper car. If you are interested, check out our ad on Craigslist: http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/1746334478.html

Hope you all have a great week!!
Amanda
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yay. I am spreading the word about tutoring for you through some girls at church.

    So excited to hang out Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete