Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yard Sale totals are in! WOW!


So Friday was the PERFECT day for a yard sale. Saturday - well - not so much. The tornado warnings kinda messed with our plans. But God still blessed our two days of the BIGGEST YARD SALE EVER! In the eight hours we were open we made....drumroll please....$2,358.78. YES! You read that right!!!! Over twenty-three hundred dollars straight to bringing our baby girl home! And what's even better is that we have probably another $2,000 that is going to be earned from stuff donated that I am putting on Ebay and in five local consignment shops next week. This is all truly a blessing from The Father. I have stressed and stressed (yes, ME! Okay, that's sarcasm...those that really know me know that I can mega-stress out about stuff) about this sale. The weather forecast really threw me for a loop (it hadn't rained in like three weeks and along comes tornado warnings for my yard sale!) as did borrowing the tables, pricing stuff, finding room to store all the stuff, etc. But WOW - God took care of all of that. He even provided the BEST family and friends ever to help us. Keep in mind that we had 5 car garage spaces full of items AND I have three little kids that needed childcare during all of this. Oh, and it POURED DOWN during the sale today meaning our helpers had to hustle to pack up the remaining items and looked like a bunch of wet rats doing so. Seriously guys, this has been quite an ordeal! Hence why I am NEVER having another yard sale. (Please, please kick me in the head if I ever think of having another one!) A HUGMONGOUS thank you to my Mom (for too much to mention!), Sarah and Sandi for childcare (big time!), Jeremy and Uncle Jim (always nice to know strong men with trucks!), Aunt Shari, Aunt Betty and Emily for pricing and set up, Justine (who is a super-hard worker with a servants heart - now I see how she can be a momma to five kiddos!), Larry, Grady, and Mr. Skip (for all their work during the sale), all the people who loaned us tables, donated thousands of items, and made yummy baked goods (even total strangers - thanks Erika!). And my precious hubby who had little faith in me and said we probably wouldn't earn more than two hundred dollars and all my work would go for nothing - I sure showed you, Buster! Oh, and Aidan - who gladly donated toys for the sale. Of course, they were all Hannah's toys. (Ya just gotta love that kid!)

So, the sale is finally over. It was totally worth all the trouble. The items that are left are going to be picked up by two families from our church that are also adopting from Ethiopia. So this stuff will go into their adoption yard sales to help bring Macy two little friends home! Life will now hopefully return to "normal" and maybe, just maybe, I can get my house back in order.

Thanks again to all of those who helped and contributed. We couldn't have pulled it off without you!
Amanda (and Jason and all these crazy kids!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I met you on Friday. Sorry we didn't get a chance to come by yesterday to pick stuff up. It was great to meet you! We are having our sale May 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY. Major praises. God is sooooooooooooooo faithful and will provide. He cares so much for the fatherless. Can't wait to meet Macy.

    ReplyDelete