Tuesday, September 15, 2009

oooooooooohhhhh my aching brain

You absolutely, positively would not believe how much paperwork is involved when adopting a child. Seriously. I mean, I knew it would be a lot, but I had NOOOO idea what was really involved. For all of you out there that have adopted - kudos to you for surviving this "paper pregnancy". Today I actually found myself thinking "you know, I could totally go for a day of bed rest right now". (For those of you who don' t know, I had a complicated pregnancy with my precious Houston, and this time last year I was on bedrest for almost 3 months.) Tonight I gave Jason his teeny tiny "to do" list for information he needs to get and forms to fill out, and he said "Geez, this is a lot". Let me just tell you, if looks could kill....let's just say that I quickly pointed out that I am doing 5 kazillion times more paperwork than he is doing. But then he says, "It will all be worth it when we have that kid in our arms". And he is so right. And we feel so wonderful with our decision to adopt. There is a kind of peace in knowing that you are being obedient to God, and doing what He wants you to do. Yes, we have received some "not so supportive" remarks about our decision. But Jason and I just brush those off and move on. For every one negative remark, we receive a hundred "Wow, that's wonderful" or "I am so proud of you guys for taking such a brave step". We aren't in it for the praise - but it sure feels good when someone "gets" why we are dong this. Just thinking of getting a picture of the child we are going to bring home gives me chills. Ohhhh...I can't wait. And suddenly, the paperwork doesn't seem so bad.

1 comment:

  1. its soooooo overwhelming but sooooooooooo worth it. believe me!!! :) Love you and i couldn't be more excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete