Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Movin' right along!!!

Hey everyone!!!! So, my panic attack about the paperwork is over. WHEW! I still have about 3 kazillion papers to fill out, but it seems managable now. The big news is that I found out today that our Homestudy with the social worker is THIS FRIDAY!!!! I wasn't planning on it moving quite this fast, but thrilled! And nervous! This woman is coming into my home to see if we are suitable parents. AGHH!!! (What if she says "no"? I guess Aidan, Hannah and Houston are just up a creek then! Ha ha!) So say a little prayer for us around 9:30 on Friday morning!

Other news...we got our adoption agency's newsletter today and it said that the wait time for Ethiopian adoption right now is 0 to 10 months once our paperwork (also knows as our dossier) arrives in Ethiopia. That was quicker than any of the other countries - China's wait was over 3 years! Anyway, that means that we will HOPEFULLY have our child home by next Christmas. Woo hoo!

I am chugging right along getting ready for our yard sale. I have had some AWESOME stuff donated for us to sell! Furniture, dishes, toys - and more stuff is rolling in everyday. If you have anything you need to get rid of, PLEASE let me come get it from you. I am also going to do a BAKE SALE at the YARD SALE. If you can bake us something (we promise we will sell it - not eat it!) we would reallllly appreciate it. The dates for the sale are NEXT FRIDAY AND SATURDAY 8am to Noon. I don't have the room in our garage to house all the stuff, so I am going to have it at my mom's house - 110 Strathmore Court, Hendersonville. That is in Riverchase subdivision near Jack Anderson Elementary. Come out and buy lots and lots of treasures!!!

Lastly, Jason and I are so encouraged by some friends that just came home with their PRECIOUS baby boy from Ethiopia. How amazing it has been to watch their journey! And now, seeing the pictures they took while in Ethiopia last week to pick him up - it just takes my breath away. (Check out Clay and Tracy's blog at www.OurStoryForHisGlory.blogspot.com ) Jason and I are SO excited to give one of these precious children a home!!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep us updated. Carmen and I are thinking of adopting eventually, but we aren't sure from where. We're going to have at least one of our own first.

    You aren't really having panic attacks are you?

    ReplyDelete