Thursday, September 10, 2009

Let the fundraising begin!

So now that the "reality" is setting in with everyone about our plans to adopt, it is time to start raising some money! We will need $20,000 to $30,000 to bring our child home from Africa. So I am wracking my brain trying to come up with ways to make some money. Here is what I have come up with:

1. We are going to have a HUGE yard sale with all $$$ going toward the adoption. But we need LOTS of stuff to sell! So, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to take some of your "junk" (other people's treasures!) off your hands! If you have a stack of stuff for Goodwill, I want it! (Sorry, Goodwill!) Look around your house and see what you need to get rid of before the Christmas holidays come (and all the new toys that come with them!). We would be more than happy to come pick your stuff up. Even furniture - we have access to a truck, and I have a strong man to load it up!

2. Photography! Lots of you know that in my "former life" (pre-kids) I did photography. I have done senior pictures, weddings, babies, families - you name it, I have photographed it. (Well, just about!) In the past several years I have had lots of people tell me they wished I still did photography. Well - I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack. For an $80 donation, I will meet with your family and do a photoshoot. (Think fall pictures or Christmas cards!) I will then burn the images onto a cd and give it to you, with all copyrights waived (this means that you can take the cd to Walgreens, Walmart, Wolf Camera, etc. and get them printed and not pay me to do it for you!). I know some great places around town that provide beautiful backgrounds for outside photos. I'd love to photograph your family, let's set something up! And again, all $$$ goes toward our adoption fund.

3. T-shirts - I am working on getting these designed and printed.

4. Donations can also be made here on our blog (see link to the right) or at any Green Bank, where our adoption fund is set up.

Every little bit helps!!! And a little is a lot when God is in it!

7 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    We adopted from Ethiopia nearly a year ago - we are new to the Hendersonville area. Found you through Tracy Cornett's blog. Would love to talk with you re photos.

    Justine@orphanaction.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    We would love to meet with you to set up a photo shoot! here is my email:
    rajackson.1@comcast.net
    Contact me with your number and I'll give you a call to set up a time. I'm thinking Christmas cards!
    Thanks.
    Angela Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love some photos of me and my husband and our two dogs for Christmas cards. Here is my email: amanda.lawrence@visitingorphans.org. GREAT idea!!! The pictures of Nile and Tracy Cornett were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are interested in having our family pictures done. My email is lauraaustinfrost@yahoo.com. Fall theme would be great. Got your info off Tracy cornett's blog. Just let me know when you are available!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Tracy Cornett and would love to get a family picture done. My e-mail is Anna.Pond@HCAhealthcare.com. Please contact me at your convenience to get something set up.
    Thanks, Anna Pond

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be interested in setting up something for a family portrait especially knowing that the money is going towards something so meaningful! My contact information is Brandi.Simpson@cat.com or or jacksonsimpson@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amanda~ I found your link from another AWAA blogger. We have so much in common that I just had to say hello! Check out our journey at: www.fulmerstory.blogspot.com
    Thanks! Ashlie

    ReplyDelete