Monday, October 25, 2010

Off we go!

We leave for the airport in about 8 hours to begin the journey to bring our sweet girl HOME FOREVER! I can't wait to get my hands back on her! We will arrive in Addis, Ethiopia on Wednesday, visit her at the transition house on Thursday and Friday, then take custody of her on Saturday. Tuesday is our appointment at the Embassy, and we head home on Thursday evening after receiving her visa. We will arrive (hopefully!) at the Nashville airport at 5:23pm Friday evening. We'd LOVE to have a group there welcoming our little girl to Tennessee! (See details in prior post!)
While we are gone, please pray for the following:
1. Safe travels. Let's make that "Safe, undelayed travels". :) Especially on our way home.
2. Macy's health. When we left her several weeks ago she had a raspy cough. I am praying for healing so she comes home happy and healthy.
3. That she begins to bond quickly. Our last visit makes me think this should not be an issue - but you never know with a two-year-old!
4. Our health. I think I am fighting the stomach bug that the kiddos have had this week. Jason hasn't had it yet, so I am hoping he stays free and clear of the germs. I am also fighting kidney stones in both kidneys. Praying they wait to "hit" until we get home.

Well...back to packing! I will be updating my Facebook page and blog as much as possible - so stay tuned!

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Praying, Praying for your family! So exciting.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jason and Amanda. It was great to meet you guys on your first leg of the trip to bring Macy home. I hope you have a great trip and look forward to reading the updates.

    God bless,
    Shawn
    shawn@p61.org

    ReplyDelete