Wednesday, July 14, 2010

THE WAIT IS OVER!!!!!


Forty-five minutes after I tearfully typed that last blog post, we GOT THE CALL!!!!! We are still in amazement. Jason and I just can't stop smiling. (The above picture is of us seeing her face for the first time!) Okay, okay....here's what happened:



As you could probably tell from the previous blog post, I had a HARD time today with WAITING. It's just rough. I don't know why today was harder than other days, but it was. So after I typed the blog, I emailed our case worker at WACAP just to see if she thought there would be any more referrals before courts reopen in October. I pretty much just BEGGED her for any kind of info she could give me. I pushed *send*, closed the computer, and headed to the kitchen to cook dinner. At 5:38 I had my hand in a hot oven trying to rearrange my pork chops, and I heard this weird sound from behind me. Since we have about 5 gazzillion toys that make music in this house, I figured it was one of them. Then I realized I didn't recognize the tune. (A momma knows what music goes with which toy.) So I glanced down at my phone on the kitchen counter and realized the music was the special ringer I had set for when we got "THE CALL". I started screaming for Jason, answered the phone, and the tears began to flow.



We were then told about a precious little 2 and a half year old girl. Our case worker, Rachel, told us she was born on December 8, 2007. Jason and I IMMEDIATELY started laughing. You see, we were married on Dec. 3rd. Hannah was born Dec. 11th, and Houston's birthday is Dec. 2. And, of course, there's Christmas. We are SO broke in January! And through the adoption process Jason and I have said repeatedly, "I bet you anything Macy's birthday will be in December". And looky-there, it is. We were then told that she was just brought to the orphanage on June 14th by her mother. Which makes THIS momma very happy that my girl has been loved on for the first two and a half years of her life. We were told about her family, which I feel rather privileged to know - as I know one day she will ask. We received all of her lab reports and developmental assessments - which were all perfect. She has "mild malnutrition", but show me an orphan in Ethiopia who DOESN'T.



Ohhhh how I wish I could share the ten pictures we received of her. But due to privacy stuff, the Ethiopian government asks us not to post pictures of her on the internet until she is officially "ours" after court. BUT, if you see me out and about around town, you KNOW I will show you a pic! I'll describe her: she has the biggest, hugest, most gigantic brown eyes you have ever seen. And her eyelashes are absolutely ridiculous. Insane long lashes. She looks very sad in all of her pictures, but that is understandable since she had just been relinquished 11 days prior to the photos. Did I mention that she is precious and perfect?



So what happens now? Well, our caseworker said there is absolutely no way we can make it to court before they close down for August and September. BUT she said they may be able to go ahead and schedule our court date for the beginning of October. This is huge because if we had gotten our referral much later, we would have had to wait for them to reopen before we could even schedule one. We will travel to Ethiopia in October for court, then come home, then head back 4 to 5 weeks later for the embassy appointment and to BRING OUR GIRL HOME!



THANK YOU for all of your prayers and support. We now ask you to shift those prayers to our sweet girl. It's gonna be 2 and a half to 3 months before we can lay our hands on her. We want her to remain safe and healthy.



And thank you, my Precious Lord, for showing me that YOUR timing is always better than mine! Your grace, your love, and your timing - all amazing.

11 comments:

  1. WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! Amazing news! Conratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH OH OH!!! PRAISE GOD!!! SO SO SO HAPPY WITH TEARS OF JOY FOR YOUR SWEET FAMILY! VERY EXCITING! I KNOW SHE MUST BE SO PRECIOUS! MADE MY SUMMER!
    Love,
    Susan Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Fantastic... its a great feeling isn't it. Can't wait to see her together with her family. Hope the rest of your process is smooth :) Happy Days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just bawling. Even if you posted a picture right now I couldn't see her because I'm crying so hard.

    THANK YOU LORD JESUS THANK YOU LORD JESUS! And thank you for the Humphreys who have opened up their hearts and home to their precious Macy girl! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your referral! I just found your blog and what a great post to come in to. :)

    We adopted our youngest son from ET with CWA and brought him home last August. Right now we're compiling our dossier with WACAP to adopt a 3-4 yo girl from ET [and possibly a younger sibling under the age of 2 too].

    Can I ask how long you were on the wait list?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, so happy for you all..can't wait to see her face, kristi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for your sweet family! I will continue to pray for sweet Macy! God is so great!
    Love, Danielle Carpenter

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting, Amanda - she sounds so precious. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete