Sunday, January 24, 2010

Silent Auction! Check out this painting!





Isn't this painting just beautiful? I absolutely love it. My sister, Sandi Hester, is a local artist who painted this a while back before we ever made the decision to adopt. See her blog post about the painting at www.paintingtheword.com/2008/02/02/never-again/ . To raise money for our adoption, Sandi has graciously donated a limited, matted print of this painting. This is one of her best sellers, and she only has a few left. The print itself is 5x7, and the matting makes it 11x14. Beneath the picture is a hand aged piece of scripture quoting Revelation 7:16 - "Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat." Do you see why I just love the relevance of this painting and scripture to our adoption?!?!




So here is the deal: If you would like to "bid" on this matted painting, leave me your name and bid amount as a comment below. I will promptly post your comment. Others will be able to see what you bid, and make their own bids. You can then check back, leave another comment with a higher bid, and so on. This would be a wonderful gift to someone you know that has adopted or supports orphan care. (Oh, how I want this so bad - I am holding out hope that Sandi gives me a print for my birthday. Hint, hint Sandi!) 100% of the money goes straight into our adoption fund! The bidding starts NOW and ends at noon on Monday, February 1st. I am going to open the bidding at $35.00. Please bid and help us bring Macy home!




If you have an item or if you provide a service that you would be willing for us auction off to raise money for our adoption, please contact me!!!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Okay, the bidding got off to a great start. First a $50 bid, then a $4 bid (from my brother, I am guessing - ha ha), then a $250 bid!!!! YEAH RAH!!!! If you want it, you have a week to beat $250!!!!

    ReplyDelete