Friday, January 1, 2010

God's timing....

Now that I have had a few days to calm down, I can finally blog about what has happened recently in our adoption. After 7 long weeks of waiting for our immigration form, I contacted our social worker once again about checking on the hold up. She contacted the USCIS office in Memphis. She found out this week that USCIS never received our homestudy report. However, our case worker has the confirmation email saying that USCIS did indeed receive it. So obviously someone dropped the ball, and my almost two months of waiting has been for nothing. Once I found this all out, I was VERY upset, of course. My head tells me "I stayed up so many nights rushing through all of this paperwork so we could get our immigration form and be 'on the list' by the New Year. How could this happen?!?!" But then, my heart speaks up and God reminds me that this is all in HIS timing. And if God needed to put this ''hiccup'' in our adoption process to match us up with the precious little girl that He has chosen to be our daughter, then I will not fret. HE is the one in charge here. So, the waiting continues. Our homestudy has been resent (won't arrive in Memphis until Monday, thanks to the holidays) along with a note requesting for it to be expidited. It will be at least a couple of more weeks until we receive that long-awaited immigration form. God will be sure it arrives not a day too soon, and not a day too late...because his timing beats ours any day.
During the "drama" with our immigration form, we have also been informed that the adoption process from Ethiopia is changing. Our agency says that so far they are pleased with the changes, but there is still a lot to be ironed out. With these changes can come delays, changing policies, etc. But Jason and I have decided not to worry about any of this. Again, God knows exactly when we will add baby #4 to our family, and we are just going to have to trust Him.
I hope you all had a wonderful New Year. We look forward to what 2010 holds for our family!

1 comment:

  1. We are so blessed by your Christ-like attitude in this adoption. From the adoption itself (as He has adopted us) to the waiting for God's timing (as Christ came at "just the right time") to the knowledge that the exact right child is being placed in your family (as Christ is working to make us perfect in Him).

    Your Spirit ministers to my Spirit! Thank you

    ReplyDelete