Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Yard Sale totals are in!

First of all, let me thank EVERY SINGLE PERSON who donated items, cooked yummy baked goods, donated tables or came and shopped. I truly could not have done it without you. And I REALLY could not have done it without the help of my precious Mom, Dad, father-in-law Larry, family friend Skip, and gal pal Tasha. They all just about broke their backs helping me move tables and unpack (and repack) boxes. And thank you to our awesome friends Jeremy and Sarah for letting us "co-own" their truck for the past few weeks to haul donations. How lucky I am to have all of their support! The yard sale was a HUGE success!!! We had people lined up IN THE RAIN an hour early on Friday morning. Friday we made $947!!! I was amazed. We did great on Saturday as well! And then we received two HUGE donations from family members in our donation jar....so the grand total for the Yard Sale Weekend.....over $3,600!!! Yea...you read that right! We feel SO very blessed! This takes a nice dent out of our adoption expenses. So much so, that we are going to have another sale in the Spring. (Surely I will have recovered by then!) So if you start finding things around your house that you need to get rid of, give us a holler! We will take it off your hands!
The paperwork is moving right along. This week Jason and I are going to work on our 10 hours of training that we have to complete in order to adopt a child. And, of course, more paperwork. And we are getting so excited! In just the past week I have spoken with so many random people (at the dr. office, in the store, at the yard sale) that have encouraged me with their own adoption stories. We know that this is God's will for our family, and we are so blessed to have the love and support of so many people.
Thanks again for all of those who helped in any way with the yard sale! We appreciate every single one of you!

1 comment:

  1. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HATE I MISSED THE FUN!

    ReplyDelete