Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween and Homestudy



Hey everyone! I wanted to share some of our Halloween pictures and give you our latest adoption update. Above you will see Captain Hook (Aidan, age 4), Tinkerbell (Hannah, age 2) and our precious Peter Pan (Houston, age 10 months). We had such a fun Halloween. The kids really got into dressing up this year. (Well, Aidan and Hannah did...Houston is pretty much just along for the ride!) I am such a "theme-y" person - I just loved dressing them as a trio! (And trust me, I am already thinking about what foursome they can go as next year if Macy is home!)
And speaking of Macy.....things are moving along quickly! Our homestudy report came through this week (it said we are "more than qualified to adopt" - whew!), which means we can now finish up the last few things on our end. I have to get about 5 million papers notarized, then verified by the county, then verified by the state, then authenticated by the Ethiopian consulate- SERIOUSLY! At this same time I will start stalking our mailman for a form that I must have to complete our dossier (prounounced "doss-ee-ay" ; fancy term for paperwork that is sent to represent us to the Ethiopian government). As soon as this is done, we are officially "on the list". We have been told that once we are on the list, then it will take zero to ten months to get our referral (information) for a specific child. Since we are not asking for a newborn, we may be on the sooner end of that spectrum. EXCITING!!!!
I am getting TONS of feedback about photo shoots! THANK YOU to all of you who have contacted me or sent my name to friends. I LOVE photography, and am having so much fun photographing other families. If you are interested - shoot me and email or give me a call to set up something! (amanda_humphrey@comcast.net or 615-264-8330) The fall leaves are GORGEOUS right now. And start thinking ahead about Christmas cards and gifts!
Be sure to check back on my blog this coming week. I am going to have some awesome fundraising starting up! My sister Sandi Hester (www.paintingtheword.com) is going to be donating her talents to help me raise money for our adoption. I am excited about what she is going to offer. I will be finalizing the details this week, and will let you in on the news soon!
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I love when families are not afraid to work their tales off to bring their little ones home. Donations are great, but there is something about working for your child and being not afraid to do whatever it takes to get them home and God will so bless it! Congrats and I'm sure you will be seeing your baby girl before you know it.

    Laura Kelley

    ReplyDelete