Monday, November 9, 2009

A Different Kind of Overwhelmed!












I am sitting here at my computer completely overwhelmed. But, for a change, it's not overwhelmed in a "bad" way. It's overwhelmed as in a "I am so happy I am about to bust out of my seams" way. It is 2:26 in the afternoon, and I have had NINE emails and phone calls TODAY about setting up photo sessions. The majority of these people I have never even met - they have just heard about me and our mission to bring home a little girl from Africa. I mean - I can't BELIEVE I have had this great of a response! All along Jason and I have said that God will provide the finances to bring this baby girl into our family. But it is SOOOO incredibly awesome to SEE Him do it. I mean - the weather this weekend - could it have been any more perfect for the six photo sessions that I had? And I have sessions booked for the next four weekends! (Lots of times are still available though - if you need a session!) Wow! Praise be to God for being such a faithful provider! This past week was filled with ups and downs with finances - with work, with Christmas coming, with TWO kids birthdays in the month of December (I won't even mention our 5 year annivarsary in December - those presents aren't even going to exist this year!). But we know we are going to make it all "happen", and to see God's provision with money going straight into our adoption account - whoa! Okay....enough gushing for now. I gotta get back to work on editing some photos! Another huge THANK YOU to all of you who are referring your friends and family to me! Keep 'um coming! (P.S. Oh yeah...and check out the pics from this weekend of my own beautiful children. I really must be the most blessed Momma alive!)



5 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I just noticed that Jason's eyes are closed in the above photo! I was so focusing on finding a picture of all three kids looking at the camera, I forgot to check him! Oh well!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I'm pumped you are getting so many photo sessions scheduled - that doesn't surprise me though because you really are good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda! I wish my family lived closer so that you could take our pictures!! I did tell my sister, Julie, about you so she might be calling you.
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rachel, I wished you lived closer too - just so we could hang out! I would love to hear from your sister though!

    ReplyDelete