Monday, April 19, 2010

Manic Monday...and BOY, is it MANIC today!

First of all, if I EVER EVER EVER decide to have another yard sale, will someone PLEASE punch me in the face? I am being serious here. If you could just SEE how much stuff we have, you would have pity on me. Our two car garage is completely full, as is my Mom's three car garage - and STUFF IS STILL COMING! Just today we got FOUR truck loads of stuff. Just in clothes, we have 15 large plastic tubs and about 25 garbage bags full of clothes. PLUS three rounders of them on hangers. The toys and movies and books....oh...I can't even describe. I have now spent 4 days pricing stuff, and will continue to do so every day this week until the sale opens Friday morning. So my Manic Monday is actually just the start - it's going to be a rather Manic week. )(And OF COURSE it is supposed to thunderstorm on Saturday. So prayers are needed for the weekend forecast!)
But for super happy news - Jason got home from his mission trip to Haiti on Saturday. It was a lonnnnnnng 8 days with him gone, and the kiddos and I were THRILLED to see him Saturday evening. He had an amazing time, and I can truly say that he came back a changed man. (I loved the old-Jason just fine, but this new-Jason is rather spectacular!) He spent over a week building an orphanage and loving on sweet orphans in Port au Prince. Hearing his stories and seeing his pictures makes me want to get Macy home even faster. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, as Ethiopia is the poorest one in the Eastern Hemisphere. Similarly sad places for little children to live.
I am off to bed - this momma is pooped! Hope you all have an incredible week!

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,
    I live in Riverchase as well and would love to donate some baked somethingorother for your garage sale. I could run them over to your mom's Thursday night. I would also love to hear about what furniture you have to sell!

    ReplyDelete